Monday, June 16, 2014

Where to begin...we'll start with 10.

Where do you being when you have been on a 6 month hiatus from your blog?  How do you get back to posting on your blog when there is just so much to say?  These are the questions that have gone through my mind over and over again the last couple months.  I haven't forgotten this space I've called home for OVER 7 years!  I've often thought about moving on and starting a new blog or finding a new theme or or or...but I keep coming back to I've been blogging here at Barknknit since I started blogging and I just can't let it go yet.

For my first post back since January, I'm going to just recap the past 6 months.  So, here are 10 important things that have happened in the Barknknit family the last 6 months:

1. My girls are both 6 months older and when it comes to little kids that is a LONG time!  Both are now going to the same preschool and are learning new things so quickly.  I feel if you look at them long enough, you can actually see them growing before your very eyes! hehe! JK.

2. Special K and I went on our first weekend away without the kids!...I may actually write an entire post about this one but for now I'll just share that it was so good for everyone.  I'm glad that Special K and I got to spend some quality time being a couple and enjoying what makes us us.  This was also the first vacation in 6 years that did not involve visiting family so there is that...

3.  Maria learned to walk(at 10 months just like her sister)...this changes the game but it's so exciting!  Again...she's just growing up too quickly!

4. My father came to visit from Panama...He spent 3 weeks with my family here and we spent most this time celebrating his 80th birthday!  The girls enjoyed every minute with him here and we miss him so much.  Looking forward to his visit this winter.
5. Carmen had her 2nd ballet recital...this one was tap and while she had a little bit of a meltdown when she saw us watching her, she did great!

6. Maria turned 1!  I can't believe the year went by so fast!  She is such a smart, happy, and loving toddler.  She talks a lot and is always trying to do what her sister is doing.  She's also my climber but I know this and do what I can to prevent major falls.  She is such a blessing.

7. Grandma Shari came to visit...Special K's mom came for a weekend visit and we had so much fun!  The girls enjoyed having her here and we all went to a Rays game...along with so much more!
8. Promotion at work into management...I was promoted earlier this year at work into a  management role.  This has been exciting/stressful and my first time managing a team of at first 20+ but thankfully now my team is 9-10 people.  I've learned so much already and learning more every day!

9. Podcasting again...yes, I've starting podcasting again!  I'm so so excited about this.  My friend Alicia and I started a new podcast Mastering the Knits!  We talk about our journey through the Master Knitter Program, beginning with the Hand Knitting Level 1.  We also talk about our life, crafting, and more.  It's been so fun and we are so happy we've had such great feedback from our listeners!
http://www.masteringtheknits.com

10. There has been knitting and spinning...oh has there been so much knitting in the last 6 months!  I'll have to dedicate a couple posts to update you all on all that I've finished!  Here is a snapshot of one of my finished objects...a hat for my dad modeled by Carmen.

Hope you enjoyed this list!  I look forward to talking to you all more!

Happy Catching up!

What have you all been up to in the past 6 months?  Please comment and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!