Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Masterpiece: My stocking completed!

So much has happened in the last almost month since I posted!  The girls had their first trip to Disney, they had their Christmas concert, we celebrated Christmas with family, and packed up our minivan and drove the 16 hrs to visit family!  I have lots of pictures to share but first I wanted to share this VERY special finished project!  Enjoy!

My stocking was completed in time for Christmas!!!!!!  I seriously wanted to shout this from the rooftops!  I already knew that I would be knitting it on the drive up to OH and I was right!  I managed to get all the colorwork done before it got dark and I spent most the overnight drive, that I was awake and not attending to the needs of the others in the car, knitting the stockinette flap.  I knit the icord up quickly before meeting Alicia at a knit group on Saturday morning!  I was so excited to show it off and to be done with it!  It came out lovely!  Still needs to be blocked but am too excited not to share it with you all.

Project details
Ravelry Project link
Pattern: A NEW Family Portrait - A Collection of Three Christmas Stockings by Dorene Delaney Giordano
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Cascade 220® Sport in white and burgundy
Cast on: July 20th, 2014
Finished: December 20th, 2014
Notes:  I am so excited to be done with these stockings! I really enjoyed knitting them and so glad I have learned colorwork.  I still have some technique refining to do but I will have plenty of practice next year.  The yarn worked up nicely for these stockings and I really like the pattern.  She does a great job with giving you plenty of details to help you along.  This was knit relatively quickly but I took a break from it for a while to finish up other stuff so that is why it looks like I took a LONG time to knit this one.

Here are all the stockings laid out at my husband's grandma's house ready for Santa to fill them!
Love these!!

Happy Color-work Knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. That's an impressive stocking line-up! You should be shouting from the rooftops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they turned out most excellent :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!