Thursday, February 26, 2015

Masterpieces: My deer for Valentine's Day

More than a month has past with no posts...  Last post was a bit intense and wasn't sure how to follow it up...but thankfully I finished some knitting so let's start there! 

Project details
Ravelry Project link
Pattern: my dear - a deer trophy by Claire Garland
Yarn: Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool in Natural
Cast on: February 3rd, 2015
Finished: February 13th, 2015
Notes: When I saw this pattern, I simply knew I had to knit it for my hubby!  He's a hunter and has been hoping to get a buck so he could get it mounted.  His grandfather has one that is named Buckey and I know it's always been special to my husband.  I figured while he's waiting for his, I would make him this one.  I wasn't sure if he would like it but he loved it!  I was so happy with his reaction and it put him back on the knit list. .He had been put on the no-knit list because of an incident with a hat from Target.  I'm not going to run out and start knitting him a bunch of stuff but he's knit worthy again.
I haven't talked too much about this on the blog but I swear I'm NOT a toy knitter!  I keep repeating this to myself as I seam things together.  I want to love it because they are so cute but I struggle with the stuffing and seaming.  My Christmas secret knitting for the girls is still...well not done!
I had an issue with this one because I overstuffed the head...which I had understuffed the last toy I knit and struggled so I was thinking I was learning from my mistake by making another one.  The head after you knit it on a loose gauge is supposed to shrink down. BUT if you over stuff it...it won't shrink and hence will be slightly too big.  After throwing a small temper tantrum, I'm really happy with how it came out and SO excited that my husband actually hung it on his wall with his other prized stuff.

Hope you like it!

Happy Knitting!

Did you knit your significant other a Valentine's Day gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!