Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008!!! New Years Resolutions!! and the New Thankful Tuesdays!!

Ok...it's that time of year where everyone makes promises to themselves and evaluates where they need to work on their lives. I usually hate this time of "resolutions" but this year I'm kind of excited about it. Not really sure why.

Well...here are my 2008 New Years Resolutions. 8 in each category.

Knitting:

1. Knit one gift a month in preparation for birthdays, holidays, and random gifting.(I've joined a Year Long Gift-A-Long)
2. Knit at least one pair of socks a month. This one seems hard but I think that I can at least try.
3. Learn to knit two socks at a time using the Magic Loop Method and learn to knit a toe up sock.
4. Learn to dye yarn. (I edited this one used to say knit one dishcloth or household item a month)
5. Keep my stash and needles organized.
6. Finish all projects on needles in a timely fashion.
7. Knit my wedding shawl. (the Summer Shawlette)
8. Teach others to knit wherever I can.

Life:

1. Exercise more and eat better. In other words, Get tone for my wedding.
2. Walk the dogs more often and on longer walks. Refocus our dog training. This kind of goes with the first one.
3. Get Abigail's skin under control to help with the last two.
4. Keep my home clean, organized, and welcoming.
5. Save money for our wedding and try to pay off the debt I have already. (edit)
6. Not get stressed over the coming wedding with Special K. Focus on the positives and the moments that we share. Help Special K not be stressed about it either.
7. Work hard at work and get my teaching certification. (this is important)
8. Be kind, helpful and gracious. Be happy and HAVE FUN!!

The surprise that I mentioned is that I'm adding a Thankful Tuesday to my week. My blog friend Nicole is doing three things she's thankful for each post. I "borrowed" her idea but decided to make Tuesdays, which are usually hard because it's right after a tough Monday, my Thankful Tuesdays. I'll work on a good button for it and if anyone wants to join me or "borrow" my idea...Please feel free!!



I am going to start off with I am thankful for my family and friends. They have made the holiday season a wonderful one. I have enjoyed spending time with them and I miss those who are not with us this year and hope that they all are here next year for our wedding and can be together during the holidays. I am thankful that they support me and love me no matter what. I am thankful that they are who they are and are in my life. I am especially thankful for Special K who has taught me how to love and be loved. I am thankful that he wants to spend our life together and grow old together. It might not always be easy but it is worth every moment. I am thankful that he is in my life.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year.

Happy Knitting!

8 comments:

  1. You have some adventerous resolutions... but all sound great! :) Here's to a happy 2008
    !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful 2008!

    Well, it's 6:09 PM and I haven't destroyed any of my resolutions yet. That's pretty good for me. LOL

    Hope your resolutions all work well too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful that my son has found someone so special to share his life with.......

    you are wonderful!

    .....and so are abby and jackjack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great resolutions! The knit a gift a month is a really good idea. I may steal that!

    Rebekah - Knit Knack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like busy lists to me. Hope all go well. Keep the faith. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great resolutions! I might steal the "gift a month" idea just for personal uses. Because I'm horrible at making gifts on time. Lol!
    Hope 2008 is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your resolutions and your thankful tuesdays idea. I might join you in that one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Have you seen www.flylady.net ? She has some great ideas on organizing and such.... check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!