Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wedding Wednesday

At a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered to her mother, “Why is the bride dressed in white?” “Because white is the color of happiness, and today is the happiest day of her life.” The child thought about this for a moment, then said, “So why is the groom wearing black?”

Thought I would to start with a silly. :) I found this on a blog I read Dream Weddings on a Budget. It has some great advice and wonderful pictures. The main website is designed well and I have found it helpful. The post a couple days ago was this joke that I saved to share with you guys today.

My wedding plans this week have been the guest list. I started last week off with 207 and then started moving people to list B and cut out some of my friends kids. I ended up with 174ish. I like the ish part. :) Special K still hasn't looked at the list and put anyone on the list B but I worked hard on it. We still have time to finalize it but I gave the # of save the dates to my sister and they are working on them I think this weekend. I can't wait to see them.

We've also been starting to collect everyone's address. This is a chore. I have Sharimom on it for Special K because I know that he won't do it. He looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him so I just emailed Sharimom and mentioned it to her. :)

After we address and send those out I'm hoping to head to the sports bar with my sister and start thinking of what we want to use to decorate it. I also need to find a florist. I have pictures of what I want my bouquet to look like but we'll see.

Things still needed to think about are plenty. Stuff that comes to mind right now are the rehearsal dinner plans, bridesmaid dresses, and tux rental places. The list could go on and on but I'm thinking a step at a time.

Happy Wednesday!! (Do you say Happy Ash Wednesday?? I'm still thinking of what to work on over the lenten season.)

3 comments:

  1. You making progress :-) :-) So what are you guys going to do at the Sports Bar? So..... where is the Special K Story?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to hear all the details. Wow, that is a big guest list (to me - we only had 45 at ours).... bet it will be SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually about 20% of the invites don't or can't come. By the way I would love to see your dress. minityj@sbcglobal.net. Thx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!