Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Week update!!

My first week at my new job has been good. I've been doing a lot of observing and will be excited to start answering questions and get into the meat of things. My co-workers are nice and I'm glad to be working with them. I've started getting up and walking the dogs on long walks before work so that's made me feel great. This week has been flying by and I haven't had much time to post this week...better luck next week.

I've been working on my shawl and realized that I made a mistake about 5 rows back so I guess I have to rip it again. I've been switching back and forth from the shawl to the clapotis and I have to admit now that I have to rip back it's been put down for this week. I'll sit with it this weekend and rip back. I might need a beer or two to get me through. ;)

I haven't gotten any knitting done during work hours. I haven't really been taking full lunches but i did do 2 rows of the 9-5 socks during lunch yesterday. I left the sock at work and just plan to work on it during lunch for a while. I need to get the shawl and clapotis done...well, not done but I need to work on them. :) I still need to wash the sock yarn from the first 9-5 sock so I'm not ready to finish the first sock....I know I'm stalling but it will all get done. My plan is to get the sock done but the end of June and as much as I can on the other two. No biggie. :)

Well, it's getting to that time where I need to start convincing Special K that the tv needs to be turned off so I can sleep good. It's an every night battle. I like to fall to sleep in silence and he likes to watch tv until he can't hold his eyes open and then turns it off and falls asleep. If I'm tired enough I'll just fall asleep with it on but sometimes I just can't ignore it. :) The joys of a TV in the bedroom. Let me tell you I fought it but lost.

Ok...hope all is well. I'll try to get a DOT post up tomorrow after work.

Happy Knitting!!

5 comments:

  1. Special K (and the whole fam) has always been like that. the noise kinda lulls us to sleep. It's either that or the sound of the fan.

    Sorry

    Hope walks with the doggies help. I need to start getting out and walking more.

    Much love to you both. Sorry I won't see you in June but hopefully in July.

    Love..........specialk's mommie.
    ps.......also sorry you're having so much trouble with the shawl. But, I'm sure in the end it will be magnificent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the new job is going great and that you're like the rest of your new non teaching lifestyle :) I don't mind the noise from the TV it's the flickering light that bugs me. Good luck with the ripping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl, I think sometimes knitting projects are harder when tehy are too be so special!
    Oh and I agree about the TV, Ken loves it on and thinks I should be able to sleep with it on, HUH? But he can not sleep with one bit of noise or light? Ah the joys of marital bliss! It is Florida hot here in greater DC area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It stinks that you have to rip back your shawl again. You shouldn't worry so much, I know it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad to hear that the new job is going well. The first week can be a little nerve wracking.

    I love walking in the mornings before work. It starts off the day on the right foot.

    Why don't you try a little project monogamy? Work on one thing for the week or at night, depending on how you feel. Then you can make some progress and concentrate on that UFO.

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!