Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Another Dyeing Experience!!

I just realized I didn't share pictures of my last adventure with dyeing!! It was so much fun and I learned a lot. I hope to dye more fiber and soon some yarns!! What do you think??

This was a Kettle dye experience with deep purple. I had planned on it being a variegated purple but it came out this pretty blue and deep purple. I love it!!

Purpley Blue Falkland Wool Top 4 oz.



Next two are hand dyed and then steamed. I like them both and I learned a lot with this technique.

I wasn't sure what I was thinking with these colors but they remind me of Halloween so I really like them. :) I might try this again with the black but with an orange instead of red. :)

Goulish Blood BFL 4 oz.


This last roving is my favorite! So vibrant and beautiful. It came about because I still had dye left over from the previous hand dyed rovings and since I learned from the first two rovings...I think it came out the best. Also the Domestic Wool Blend takes the dye so beautifully!!

Almost Rainbow Domestic Fiber 4 oz.

All the fiber is on sale either on etsy or barknknit.com. I'm planning on dyeing more so keep posted!!

Happy Spinning!!

7 comments:

  1. so nice and vibrant! absolutely love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are incredibly beautiful! You should post the dye process, I never thought it's possible to do kettle dye yourself. Will you dye some yarn as well? I don't spin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wish I could spin. I absolutely love the purply blue wool. If you ever sell it as yarn, put me down for some! Love the blog and your podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great! -girlinga.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!