Sunday, September 12, 2010

Travel, Yarn Store, Hospital, and clean fleece.

Last weekend went by so fast!  Most weekends do...Friday night we flew up to Ohio to visit Special K's family.  The weekend was great but went by so fast.  Here is a quick recap of the weekend.  Saturday, we went to the Festival of Arts in the town that Special K grew up. It was so cute and lots of good food, craftiness and fun.  We walked around and I got to meet one of Special K's friends he grew up with that is a knitter.  I'm working on getting her to spin. 
Favors from the baby shower

Sunday, I thought we were going to go back to the Festival but turns out that my MIL had different plans such as throwing me a fantastic surprise baby shower!!  I had no idea they had been planning this or that it was actually the reason why we flew up there in the first place!  The baby shower was awesome and again lots of yummy food and family time!! 
Guests at the baby shower

The rest of the weekend was spent with family.  We stayed with SK's grandparents and it was really nice spending time with them especially since Papa has been sick. 
Standing outside Natural Stitches

Our last day was Tuesday and since SK got to go golfing on Monday I insisted that we stop at a yarn store on the way to the airport.  I had called around and asked for references and the one that I picked was Natural Stitches.  The store had a lot of room and lots of inventory!!  They had this wall of cascade with every color you could imagine!!  They also had some awesome steeler yarn but Sk didn't want me to buy it.  I did buy two things:
Tosh sock in Tart
Malabrigo Worsted in Polar Morn

We managed to get to the airport on time even though we got a little lots in Pittsburgh.  This was the first visit we actually drove into Pittsburgh so it was awesome to be able to see the city!  Love all the bridges.

Tuesday when we got back, we went out to dinner for SK's dad and by the time we got home it was after 10pm.  I was pretty tired and went to bed as soon as I could.  Since then, I managed to get a head cold which is now taking residence in my chest.  This is actually the first time since I've been pregnant to really be sick so I guess I should say I've been lucky.

Yesterday, we had our Tea and Tour of the Baby hospital we are delivering at.  It was great to see the area and to know what we are supposed to do.  The rooms are nice too!

Today while Special K was off golfing with his dad, I finished scouring the black corriedale fleece I bought at SAFF last year.  I'm still planning on making it a Cardigan...right now there are two patterns in the running.  I'm going to spin it up from the locks and then decide which to knit.  I had this fiber drying outside but then it started raining so I moved it in before SK got home. :)  He normally doesn't like wet fiber in the house but we are both stuffy and this fleece is nice and clean so that house doesn't smell that bad.
Fleece drying on table.

Well...hope everyone has had a great week.  I'm postponing recording the podcast until my throat gets better.  Hoping that is before next weekend....which is Florida Fiber In weekend!  YAY!!

Happy Knitting, Spinning, and Weekends!!!

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!