Friday, October 14, 2011

Craftmania!!!

I've been meaning to post for about 14 days now but every time I think about it I'm no where near my computer!  I had not mentioned on my blog yet about how I joined the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup group on Ravelry.com.  I don't even know how to describe it other than AWESOME!  It's a Harry Potter themed challenge that in my opinion promotes productivity in your crafting.  If you want to learn more, go over to the group and read the homepage information.  Sign ups are not open right now but you can join at anytime and play as a NQFY (Not Quite First Year) and learn the ropes.  I played as a NQFY back in late July and through the break month of August.  It was a great way to meet people and learn about how the classes, OWLs, Quidditch, the houses and much more.

The Sorting Hat, yes there is a sorting hat, put me into Gryffindor for the Fall 2011 term! I am very excited to be a Gryffindor and have really enjoyed all the fun stuff that we've been doing in our House even though I know all the houses are pretty great! I've met so many great people both in Gryffindor and other houses!

The first month of term, which a term spans three months, was September and I was very proud of myself for how much I have accomplished that month!  Since little miss CGR was born I haven't felt like I have been very productive when it came to knitting.  I was finishing projects but I was also easily distracted and just didn't feel focused with my knitting.  The House Cup has brought both to my crafting.  Some may be surprised at this but I am a big planner!  I like to make plans and lists and research things.  I may not always implement them the way I intend to but I start off with a plan. :)  So, the house cup is perfect for this.  When the class prompts come out the first day of term, I have managed to read them and put together a plan for that month.  Then I get started!  Last month I did great!  Here is a picture of all the things I was able to turn in and which class they fit into.  My OWL project is a three month project so it won't be complete until November.
If you are looking for some focus, fun time and great Harry Potter fun...go check out the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup group!

Go Gryffindor!!!  ROAR!!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I am also part of the Gryffindor Lions. This is my 2nd term..... Nice to see another familiar name.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!