Monday, July 15, 2013

52 Weeks of Blogging with a Purpose: If I were to win the lottery, 5 Things I'd Buy

This would require actually playing lottery, which my husband and I don't do but it was fun to discuss this week's topic with him as I made my list.  Some of these were on both our lists and one wasn't.  Here are the first 5 things we would buy...

 
1. Pay off our house. Enough said...no monthly mortgage!

2. New cars...I really want a minivan!  Yes, call me soccer mom or whatever you'd like but it would be great to have a minivan with all the extras!  There have been countless times that we've borrowed my sister's minivan because neither our cars fit more than just our family.  Special K really wants a new truck and I would love him to get a new one with a bigger back seat! 

3. Renovate our house.  We have a list of things we plan to do within the next couple years but if we had lottery money then we could do them all right now!

4. A vacation cabin in the mountains.  Not sure exactly where this would be but would love a nice cabin to vacation to.

5. Pay off family mortgages or buy them a house.  We would pay off or purchase a home for each of our parents and our siblings.

Kenny added another one that I wish I would have thought of before I made my list but it would definitely be something that would be on the top of our list if we did have this money. His great idea was to set up trust and college funds for the girls!   When I thought of this list, I thought of right now...figured I wanted immediate satisfaction. 

What would the first 5 things you buy be?

2 comments:

  1. How much did I win? That would make a huge difference. Two million or less? I'd just invest it so I can retire before I'm 100.

    More, especially much more? Pay off the house. Buy one of the beach houses next door to my aunt's house so we could all be down there together with plenty of room.

    Create a training endowment for the firehouse and the JLC, specifically for leadership training.

    If the new version of my car is more fuel efficient, I'd trade it in for a new model.

    Buy the Knight Camero he wants.

    Quit my job and launch Sissy's foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pay off my house and finish the home improvements we would like to accomplish. Pay off car and get Jeremy a truck. I would also set my mom up with a little bakery. She always dreamed of owning her own little cake shop. Depending on how much we won, we would also like a pontoon boat to hang out on the river.

    Realistically, I would pay off student loans before I started buying things but if we are being dreamers...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!