Friday, April 25, 2008

DC Day 4 - Last but not least

We got home safely last night. All 34 of us, 29 kids and 5 chaperones. I was too tired to post last night but here's a quick one. We are heading to St. Augustine in about 2 hrs and I'm doing laundry, re-packing, and getting my house and dogs ready for my step-sister. :) quickly...We started off the day, packing the bus with all the luggage and picking up the tour guide. Then we headed to the Jefferson Monument. I love the building, which I didn't get a good picture of and I just think he looks so regal and big. I did a lot of walking and knitting this day so the sock does grow a bit between pictures. :)

See...he's big. He's 19 feet tall, the 2nd tallest statue in DC, with the Liberty statute on the Capital being the biggest at 19.5 feet.
He's got a great view as well. I wish all the Cherry Blossoms had been in bloom.

Next stop another one of my favorites, Roosevelt Park. He's one of my favorite presidents. I love all the water features of this park, which I didn't get a picture of. Oh well.
Had to get a picture of his puppy with my sock. :)

And of course his wife.
Next stop was the Vietnam, which I didn't get a picture of the wall because I didn't feel it was respectful to place my sock on it and one of our kids was placing a picture of her cousin who was on the wall, and doing a rubbing so we were helping her. She cried a little even though she had never met him. It was moving. I do love the statutes around the wall as well.

Next up was the WWII Memorial. I got some pictures of my sock with places on the wall. First was Florida of course, since that is where I live.Then Ohio for Special K and Sharimom.
The Pacific side which I grew up on. And I wanted to get some water in there. :)
And last was Puerto Rico for my mother.
Well, from there we headed to lunch at the Old Post Office Building and then to the Spy Museum which is awesome. We can't take pictures in there so none to show. After that we swung by the Peterson House and the Einstein Statue and then off to the airport. I didn't get any more pictures from those. I was exhausted at the point and I knit a little more but honestly I spent most the time getting the kids organized and then relaxing with my ipod and fellow podcasters voices. I caught up on some good ones.

Ok...welll...I better jump in the shower and get ready to go. Special K is getting off today at noon, and hopefully we'll be on the road by 12:30. My friend, who I'm test knitting for should be here around then to drop of the supplies so I can get started.

I've also got to pick up a cake that I ordered for Special K from Publix. He loves their cake so I called this morning and had them rush me a 1 year old cake for him. It's a surprise!!

I hope you all have a great weekend. I'm not brining my laptop so I won't be able to talk much until Sunday. I miss you all!!

Happy Knitting and Traveling!!


  1. You certainly have been busy and now you're off again. I'll bet your sock is tired, too. Perhaps a nice shot of it tucked into bed?

  2. Great pics. Glad you had fun!

  3. They socks are coming out great!!

  4. Welcome home! Sock looks great!! Do we get to see the finished one? :)

  5. For some reason, my bloglines hasn't been picking up your posts this week... weird!
    Loving all the DC pics!


Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!