Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thankful Tuesday

The weekend came and went too quickly!! Jackjack and Abigail got to go to knitting group on Sunday to a Tea Shop. Everyone seemed to like them and they LOVED to be there. I'm glad I took them. Abby is such a lover. That was fun but my allergies started killing me and it started to rain so we had to head home. Special K was golfing with his dad, friend, and step-mom so I watched P.S. I love you. Have you seen this movie?? It's sad but it's wonderful. It's the kind of story that moved me and I wasn't feeling good so it was nice.

I forgot to mention Saturday's little festivities with my family was fun!! Special K's dad and step-mom came and Special K and his dad were very competitive. We played ping-pong and pool. I beat both Special K and his dad at pool. Hold up..I beat Special K twice and he won the last game. :) They also played Basketball and it was funny to watch.

Monday was another day and I was surprisingly in a good mood all day but got kind of grumpy at the end of the day. I'm a little stressed about a bunch of stuff but just need to get through it.

Tomorrow I turn 28. I still can't believe I'm already 28. Sometimes I barely feel 20 and sometimes I feel like I'm 35. :) I guess it just depends. I'm really glad though that I'm not 18 anymore. I've learned a lot in the last 10 years since high school.

I guess this weeks Thankful Tuesday is a big thanks for the people who have come in my life and some have stayed and some taught me something and gone their own way. I am thankful for everyone of them for effecting me in a small way or a big way. You really never know how long or short someone will be in your life or how big or small an impact they will have. Life is short and you have to learn to be happy with yourself and grow as you may. Learning from mistakes is one of the hardest lessons you have to learn but it's important.

"Be Bold and mighty forces will come to your aid" This is a quote from the mom in Almost Famous. She says it to the lead singer when she's yelling at him about her son. I love this quote for some reason. I feel it's saying to live your life boldly and you will be fine. What do you think?

I also figured I'd share my favorite poem which is

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

I love this poem. In the decisions we make it life and the roads we take it's always a tough decision between two. I tend to not take the easiest road but always try to make my decision with all the gusto I can. I could go on and on about this poem but that's all I have time for.

I hope you have a great day! Be thankful for everything that God gives us and all that we can.

Happy Knitting!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy (almost) Birthday!

    I really liked PS I Love You but I had to split it over two plane rides. The whole time I was waiting for the second half I was wondering what was going to happen.

    Age gets pretty inconsequential after a certain point. It's funny how much people have rapped up in a number when you're right it's the choices that we make that are so much more important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your birthday.

    That's a favorite poem of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that poem. I quote it often. Plus having a Golden, she is nature's first green...hardest hue to hold. Gives me goosebumps.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you

    I'm so glad that you are in our lives and what love and joy you bring to my son.

    I hope you get spoiled today!

    Love from all of us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday.
    Don't get wrapped in an age or year. It's pointless because they come and go. Just promise to be true to yourself and the ones you love. Just be you.

    Take it from someone who just turned 35 and still can't believe it. It's just a number. And I am going to be goofy and crazy no matter how old I am. Enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!