Monday, August 4, 2008

Stash enhancements!!! knitting update.

First off I want to say a BIG thank you to (not so)Cynical Knitter for the greatest yarn!! She lives in Chicago and knows I'm a cubs fan and she sent me some Lorna Laces Sport weight in Cubby Bear colorway!! Now how great is that and how great is she that she did this!! So a BIG THANK YOU goes to her!!

Cubby Bear Yarn

I'm not sure what I'm goign to make with it but I just love looking at it!! Makes me smile!!

My new enhancements are for some clapotis I'm planning to make. I know you all watches as I knit the one out of Dream in Color Smooshy and loved it. Yes, I LOVE THAT YARN!! But not that I'm done I'm really not happy with the end result. I don't think it would be warm enought for who I want to gift it to and also it's just not the best I can do. Even if I keep it which I am thinking about I'd still frog it and reknit this one. I think it need to be bigger and longer if it's going to be made from sock yarn! I should have preplanned this but I didn't. So, I'm planning on remaking the one I'm gifting and I'm going to make it out of different yarn. I thought all last week what yarn I wanted to make it out of and called around to my local yarn stores to check their stock and then decided to head to Tampa to Knit n Knibble to see what I could find and....

I found this.....

This first one is to replace what I knit. I love this color and this picture does not do it justice!!

888 Olive Cascade 220 Superwash

And this one for someone else who deserves something knit. Also a beautiful color that this picture does not show.

893 Red Cascade 220 Superwash

So, now that I've shared my stash enhancements...I'll talk a little bit about my knitting. I spent a lot of time knitting this weekend and I'm almost done with the body of my first sweater. I don't have any pictures but will post when I finish!! It's coming out beautiful and I love it!! I can't wait to be able to wear it.

Well...that's all for now. Hope you are doing well.

Happy Knitting!!

5 comments:

  1. Stash enhancement is always fun. I have been ogling Ellybelly's Florida colorway. I can'r seem to get my hands on any Sundara so I'm am spending my money elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that cubby bear color way is very pretty. I'd like to see that knit up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that color green.

    My best to my boy and the doggies and big kisses to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for stash enhancement!
    That Cubs yarn is going to look awesome knit up.
    Can't wait to see your sweater, you fast little knitter you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yarn - esp that red - beauteous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!