Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!!

So, I woke up early this morning and took a shower and was out the door by 6:40. I got in line at the voting place in my neighborhood at 6:45. AT 7:25 I was at the front of the line.....to find out that I wasn't at the right place......I am still registered to vote at my sister's address. So, I quickly got out of line and headed over to the other location, which my sister, her husband, and my cousin where in line...I mean at the front of the line!! My brother-in-law refused to let me cut in line so I got in line and waiting. I wasn't done voting until 8:20...but oh well. I did get to knit while waiting so it was ok. Also, their was a stray cat, who kept us all very entertained!! :)

Here's a pic of my knitting in line. I wasn't sure anyone wanted to take my picture or have me take theirs so it's all I got. :) I'm on the decreases of my aunts clapotis!! I can't wait to finish!!

Knitting at the polls. :)


I'm glad it's out of the way but the waiting all day to find out who won is not fun!!

Tonight, Special K and I have invited our dad's to dinner. My dad is still in town and I'll tell you all about our Friday on Wedding Wednesday! I have so much to talk about!! but for now I'll just say that we had fun! We were going to cook dinner but our house isn't very conducive of having people over. We have no dinning area and it's too dark to eat outside. So, we've decided to go out to dinner. His dad and his step-mom are coming along with my dad. Should be interesting because his father was "real mature" this weekend and Special K isn't really happy with him. I'm sure they will be fine with my dad there.

I really wish that Special K's mom was here because I can't wait for them to meet. I am a huge fan of his mom!! I miss her and can't wait for her to get here for the wedding.

Well...hope everyone has a great day! I've been super busy but am trying to get a post in here and there. After Friday, I'm feeling that there is a bunch more I need to get done! Breathing and knitting is keeping me sane. hehehe

Happy Election Day!! God has a plan!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on doing your civic duty. Especially with such long lines. Wow.
    Good luck with the parnet dinner. I'msure everything will go smoothly. Did you have fun w/your Dad last week?
    Stay calm, breathe, and knit girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm always terrified that they won't find my name when I get to the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on taking part in history in the making! I took my knitting and got in a bit of KIP when I went to early voting. Didn't get any pics though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!