I have not been having good luck with my knitting. I won't go into the whole ordeal but lets just say from cardigan yokes that are too long to casting on and twisting stitches it's been a mess! I don't know what to do with the cardigan at this time. I know I'm going to frog but what to do with the yarn. I'm thinking I might do a vest but I haven't really decided I want to do that either!
So, I pulled out a project I had on the back burner for a while to give me some downtime knitting before I could figure out what my next project is. I'm not sure any of you will remember but way back before I was even pregnant I started a blanket for my unborn child from the Barn Raising Quilt pattern. I called this the Barknknit Raising Quilt. I have knit many squares but have so many more to go that it was sort of put off for a while. My knitting group recently knit one for a friend and it came out so great that I think I am going to finally get around to finishing it for Carmen. That does involve actually finishing more squares though.
After starting to work on the squares and regain my faith in knitting, I cast on a skirt for Carmen. I'm using the pattern Caiden's skirt by Yumiko Sakurai. This is the project that I couldn't get started right for some reason. I decided I would knit it in the round because I can't see knitting this in two pieces for a skirt that could easily be knit in the round but the problems started there. First I cast on WAY too many stitches for it to fit her in the next three years I felt and then I twisted the stitches when joining in the round and had to frog AGAIN!
I finally cast on again last night with 108 stitches and it looks like it's going to work out great!! I am not a huge fan of this yarn because I feel like it sheds a ton but I had it in my stash and with my yarn budget to below zero I had to make due with what I have.
Well, hope you are all having a great Wednesday!