Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Holiday weekend update and some knitting progress!

This past weekend went by way too fast as weekend's often do.  There was lots of play time, napping

swimming,

cleaning, crafting(even though this picture was taken today it was started this weekend)
and family time.

So, as you can see in the picture above I cast on something new.  I've talked about how I've been wanting to learn how to do a steek, which means to cut your knitting.  Often times it's used in cardigans, when you knit the piece in the round, secure your stitches by crochet or sewing them, and then cut your knitting.  Finally this weekend I did a swatch and it was fun!  I'll share pictures and details of this in a post soon.  After I did the swatch, I cast on the Toddler Raglan Hoodie for Carmen that I am modifying the pattern to knit it in the round and then plan to steek it!  I'm very excited.  I'll share pictures of it as I go.

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend!!! 
Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend! Yeah for knitting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!