Friday, December 16, 2011

This Moment - A US Citizen


{this moment} – A Friday ritual from Soule Mama.  A single photo  – no words –(cheating this week with words and an extra video) capturing a moment from the week.  A simple, special, extraordinary moment.  A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.  If you’re inspired to do the same, leave a link to your “moment” in the comments for all to find and see.
My Step-sister becomes a US Citizen!!  So happy for her!
This Tuesday my step-sister became a US citizen!  I'm SO very proud and happy for her.  Our parents married over 20 years ago and she has been a part of my life since I was 7.  She is an amazing person with a HUGE heart and someone who I love dearly.  One of her desires for I don't know how long has been to become a US citizen.  She moved from Panama to the States about 10 years ago and finally after a very long journey became a citizen.  When we heard she passed her test, we all decided that we had to go to her ceremony to support her.  None of u had been to one so we weren't sure what to expect but it was pretty interesting.  First thing I thought when we sat down in a conference room FULL of people was where are these people from.  And part of the ceremony is them saying a country and the person(s) from that country stand.  There were people from all over the world but only one from Panama!  


During the ceremony, they also played God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood and this is a song that they used to play ALL the time on TV in Panama on the 2 English channels that I grew up on, channels 8 and 10!  Yes, I grew up on only 2 channels in English on TV so if I don't know a reference to some show you watched as a child that's why!  I didn't get Disney growing up but I remember LOVING to watch it when we came to visit the states.   Anyway, the song was great and I knew every word.  



My step-sister swore in as a US citizen and I'm so glad that I could be a part of it!  After the ceremony, we went to the Cheesecake factory to celebrate and then Carmen got to sit on Santa's lap, which she was not a fan of but pic to come.


Congrats Luz!  Love you and am so happy for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!