Saturday, December 28, 2013

2014 New year theme/goals!

It has been far too long since I posted but life has been busy and hasn't allowed me to post.  I won't bore you will too many details but a quick recap...first off I have a 3 year old and 9 month old who take turns not wanting to sleep, which takes over my mommy time at night, second I have a husband and dogs that require attention as well, and then thirdly I got a promotion at work that has kept me super busy!  I am excited about all the things taken over my time but I also had to let some things go to fit it all in. 

With the new year quickly coming, I was thinking about my new year theme ala Jasmin from the knitmore girls and some goals, as I work well with clear goals.  The first thing that came to mind was I wanted to share with you, my neglected blog readers, that I have missed so much!  So here I am...ready to share with you my new year plans and also needing to do some serious catching up with all of you! We'll start with this post and see where it goes from there!  As always, this blog is a work in progress!  Enjoy!

For 2014, my personal theme is going to be Mastering the task at hand.  What this means is that I plan to do my best at whatever I am doing at that time and put my focus there.  To not to stretch myself too thin and spread out my energy but focus it and master/do my best at what I am doing.

With this theme in mind, here are a couple of New Years goals to start with:

1. I recently read this blog post about 3 things he wishes he knew before he got married and the one about going home and loving your wife hit home with me.  Often times we and by this I mean me, tend to focus on what we are getting out of the relationships we have instead of focusing on what we are giving.  When we focus more on what we can give, we get way more positives than when we worry about what we are getting. I plan to focus on loving my husband and to put away my mental tally of I did this and he did that.  To just love him and put him first in my thoughts and in my actions.  

2. With this first one, I also plan to focus on my girls when I am with them.  I have become a little lax with my phone time lately.  I would like to go back to my dad's advice and really focus on quality time instead of worrying about all my selfish needs of me time and just focus on my girls when we are together.  The me time will naturally come but I'd like to make the time with them more quality.

3. With my crafting time, I plan to tackle the Knitter's Guild of America's Master Knitter Program Level 1 with my friend KnottyKnitter17 aka Alicia.  We are hoping to apply for scholarships here soon and either way start the program by March at the latest!  I'd like to take my knitting to the next level this year.

4. As a test for January, I plan to restict my social media time...mainly Facebook. I do not plan to post less pictures as I am not restricting my Instagram time but I plan to restrict my Facebook time to only weekends and once at the end of the day.  I was going to only do weekends but lets not get carried away too fast.

More goals make come up as I adjust my life to fit my 2014 theme but for now I think this is a good start.

Hope you are all doing well an have a fantastic New Year!

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!