Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer adventures....

So...as a teacher I get summers off. I don't have to go to school and I still get my salary all year round. This is very nice but as someone who doesn't get paid much and doesn't have a husband who can support my time off I have to find work. A friend of mine bought a franchise and asked if I would work with her. I said sure thinking that it would be great money and not full time hours. :) That is key to having some relax time before the hustle of school starts. Anyway...I started and things weren't as great as I had hoped. She's a wonderful lady but the business is just starting and is a little disorganized. I can't count how many times I've driven down to bradenton in the last two weeks. yes, I only lasted two weeks. Well...wish me luck in finding new employment for the summer.

I've been spending my free time working on a t-shirt quilt using all the t-shirts I have from high school and college and that has kept me busy. Yes I know many of you know that I can get distracted and I like to relax but I still can't stand doing nothing all day. :) It's coming out great and I'm really excited about it. My sister is coming over this afternoon to help me sew all the pieces together. I'll take some pictures and post those when I'm done. I'm also making four pillows to match. I'm domestic.

Well...i'm off to finish working on my quilt and I have a facial at 1:30 with my sisters. Yes, I know tough life. :) Just need to enjoy it before I get a temp job and have to work fulltime. :)

1 comment:

  1. there you go with the smiley's again . . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!