Monday, August 6, 2007

Library!!

Last night while watching the baseball game, I cast on the hat for Special K. It's my first knitting in the round experience and I think I started out pretty good. I made one mess up on the second row but you can't really tell. I concentrated really hard on not twisting the stitches on the circular needles since that seemed to be everyone first comment when I told them I wanted to knit on them. I'm doing a patter of ribbing and I think between my knit stitches and purl stitches there seems to be a little bit of a loose edge. I was hoping to show it to the Audrey at Needles and Knobs but it's closed on monday. I only realized this after I showed up to show her. :) And yes if you notice I got her name off the newspaper article hanging on the window of the shop. I'm going to stop by tomorrow and show her. I might frog it and start over, we'll see. I'll take pictures of it tomorrow and post them.

On my way home I stopped by the library and checked out Stitch 'n Bitch, the knitter's handbook. I figured checking books out is a good way to keep my budget for actual yarn and needles. If I think it's a book I need to keep in my collection then I'll buy it. I'm finally trying to be financially savvy.

I also signed up for Ravelry today. Everyone's doing it....I also figure in the almost a month that I've been knitting I'm already got a bit of a stash started. It's not much but by the time I get my invite...since I'm like a billionth on the list then I'll have more projects and a bigger yarn stash to add.

Well...off to do some reading before bed. I've got to work on my classroom tomorrow so I won't get much knitting done until I get home in the afternoon and do laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!