Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Monkeys are finished!!


My Monkeys are finished!! I finished them this afternoon and yes that's two days later than I'd hoped but oh well.

Start date: January 5, 2008
Finish date: February 2, 2008
Pattern used: Monkey by Cookie A.
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Lipstick Lava
Needles: US 2s Knitpicks circulars
Notes: I had a great time knitting this pattern and it’s definitely going to be knit again. I have plenty of yarn left over too…so I’ll have to figure out what to do with my left overs. I had hoped to get these done by Jan 31st but I messed up twice on the second sock and had to rip back about 10 rows both times. I’m glad they are done and fit great.

I picked this pattern for this month so I could participate in the January Sockdown for a the Sock Knitter's Anonymous group on Ravelry. This is the first time I've actually participated and I'm going to play again for next month. They usually give you a designer or a technique to try and you post up the info above. You have to cast on during the month and finish them by the end of the following month.

For February it's the designer Eunny Jang or any pattern that features a heel technique that is new/ unfamiliar to the knitter. I've decided to knit the Rainbow sock using the toe-up, magic loop method and I plan to knit them 2 at a time. I've never tried toe up heels so this counts for the requirements for February.

I'm meeting my fellow SnBers tomorrow for some pre-Superbowl knitting and Sheryl from Knit Happens and I are planning to learn the cast on for the toe up method. Wish us luck.

Well...I'm off to get in the shower and get ready for my friend's wedding tonight. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Happy Knitting.

14 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty red socks make for a happy happy February day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! You will LOVE toe-ups once you get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit! You beat me. Aaargh! Don't be postin that sock yet on the Let's Learn Socks! I'm tryin to get my monkey done too, lol. Have a great weekend. That sock looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks look great! Love that colorway. Don't know what toe-up cast on you want, but my favorite is on this site... http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=catbordhi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Monkeys are great! Hope you have a blast this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent FO! Sounds like you're having a great weekend, too. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent FO! Sounds like you're having a great weekend, too. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - those are wonderful. Something I would go get at Dillards ;) Nice job. And, thx for your visit - whatta ya think of my new look - Yippee! (f/k/a Rhonda @ I'm Running To Win Two)

    Have a gr8 day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Monkeys! Toe up is slow....getting the hang of magic loop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Monkeys! So far I'm liking the pattern, it really zips along. Cookie A. does it again! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!