Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Series of Thoughts: blogging...

Every once in a while I got back through old posts on this blog, especially when I'm trying to figure out where I want it to go.  I've been writing this blog since April 2nd, 2007...that's over 5 years!  It's interesting to go back and to catch glimpses of my thoughts and life that I have shared with my blog readers.  I know that I've had more readers and less readers than I do now but over time they, as I, have changed and so has this blog.

It started out as just somewhere to write my thoughts and I knew very few read it so I shared a lot more of myself then I do now.  For example, if you go back to this and this post you will notice I shared a lot of details about my early relationship with Special K with my blog readers.  I read these posts and I realize how I was so insecure in our early relationship and thankfully he is who he is and loved me the same.  It also pointed out to me how little I share now.  I think it's interesting people say I put myself out there more than most and when I was blogging more and podcasting I think I really did.  It didn't bother me as much as my family but I understood some of their concerns.  Now, with Facebook, I share more on there with my friends and family than I do with my blog, and my podcast has all but died.  I keep saying it's on hiatus but I just am having a hard time getting back to it.  That's another story all together.

The trouble with blogging for me is, what do I re-share on here that I already shared on Facebook.  I think I need to find a balance as I know I have a lot more Facebook friends than I do blog readers at the moment.  I also know more of my family read and check out my Facebook wall than this blog.  Now, do I want all my family reading my blog? I don't know. :)  I would like to revive this blog because I love going back and reading my old posts and if I don't post then I'm losing out on being able to do that later. 

This blog has also gone through huge transitions as has my life.  In 5 years, it has gone from a online journal to a knitting/spinning blog to now an update here and there on life or crafting.  And in those 5 years, I went from being a girlfriend to fiance to wife to mother and became a knitter/spinner/blogger/podcaster.  I am all of these things and I want my blog to reflect that.  I would like to share my thoughts on motherhood, being a wife, knitting, spinning, being a doggie mommy, and more.  I'm sure many of you are thinking then just share what you want and that is kind of what this post is trying to say.  Just trying to remind myself in a way that this is my space!  I need to share whatever I feel like sharing that day.

There was a time, I used to have themed days on this blog.  Do any of you remember Wedding Wednesdays?  I absolutely love going back and reading those!  I tried to transition that to Marriage Wednesdays but that sort of faded as I'm pretty sure Special K wanted me to share less about our relationship with my readers. :)  I'd like to share some of it though as I love my relationship with Special K.  It's by no means perfect but it's a perfect relationship for us.  Same goes for our parenting.  We are not perfect parents but we do the best we can and love CGR with all our hearts.  I want to share that with you.

Essentially, I'm just putting this out there for you readers who have stuck with me through thick and thin.  I just want to let you know that I'm making you a promise to try to share more of what this blog started out as being.  To share me with you...hopefully we'll get some thick times in.

Happy Blogging!

4 comments:

  1. I just can't get into Twitter or FB. I mean... I peruse both, but I can't put myself out there in any real fashion on either. My blog replaced my journal, and while it isn't nearly as personal, it does fill a similar void.

    That said, I'm glad we have Twitter, FB and Pinterest. Different friends prefer one over another, and it's fun to stay in touch, in whatever "media" works best for each of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people who just peruse twitter and facebook and don't actually post anything. I started the Daily Carmen as something for my father, who lives in Panama and my MIL, who lives in OH. I wanted them to be a part of her growing up and to be able to see her grow and the things she does. It's weird that I now get friends I meet that the first thing they say is that they love the Daily Carmen and how much they love to see what she's doing. :) I struggle with how much to share about her life but I feel I can't really pull back too far from those post now. I know even my sisters will remind me when I haven't posted them. :)

      It is so nice that there are so many different venues for people to find what works for them! I'm glad you still read my blog!

      Delete
  2. An interesting blog post - I must admit that I am not really into the social media stuff, although I do have a Facebook account I rarely check it and only have friends that are people that I know in person, if you know what I mean. I do love blogs and find that using google reader is a really good way for me to keep up with things. I agree with SissySees about soing what seems easiest or more meaningful to you. But I am really glad that you are keeping going with the blog - for however long that suits you. C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With my father living overseas and my husbands family in OH, facebook has become a way for them to be involved in our lives. I know so many that don't really use it though. I'm glad you love blogs and I'm glad you are reading mine!

      Thank you for your comments and I'm working on posting more! :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate them all!